Vai Indietro   FitUncensored Forum >
Ergogenic Drugs
> Antiestrogeni
REGISTRATI FAQ Calendario Personal Trainer Gratis Segna come Letti

Antiestrogeni Le molecole, ed i farmaci, ad azione antiestrogena

Ciao amico visitatore, cosa aspetti? Apri una discussione subito nella sezione Antiestrogeni

Rispondi

LinkBack Strumenti Discussione Cerca in questa Discussione Modalità Visualizzazione
Vecchio
  (#1)
Antò Antò Non in Linea
Ruan

Invia un messaggio via MSN a Antò Invia un messaggio via Skype a Antò
Predefinito Clomid - 27-06-2007, 03:23 AM

Clomid

(clomiphene citrate)

Clomid is a drug given to women for use as a fertility aid. It is a SERM (Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator) which acts by actually binding to the estrogen receptor and thereby blocking estrogen from doing the same. Clearly, this is advantageous when it binds to breast tissue, and prevents estrogen from binding there to cause gynocomastia (although it is not nearly as effective as nolvadex for this purpose). It also opposes the negative feedback loop that the body has with regards to estrogen and the HPTA (Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Testicular-Axis), and this in turn stimulates LH (Leutenizing Hormone) and FSH (Follicle Stimulating Hormone). LH and FSH, in turn stimulate the release of testosterone. Clearly this is advantageous to bodybuilders and athletes coming off of a cycle, and beginning their post-cycle-therapy. What we have in Clomid is essentially a drug that acts as a preventative measure against gynocomastia, as well as a drug that acts to raise endogenous (natural) testosterone levels. Usually, it is compared with another SERM, Nolvadex, for those reasons.
Clomid, however, is much weaker than nolvadex in a mg for mg comparison, with roughly 150mgs of clomid being equal to 20mgs of nolvadex (1).It should be noted, however, that 150mgs of clomid will still raise testosterone levels to approximately 150% of baseline value(1). You don´t have to use 150mgs, however; in my research, I´ve found that doses as low as 50mgs will show improvements and elevations in testosterone levels (4). In fact, my original Post-Cycle-Therapy regime (as suggested by Dan Duchaine in the original Underground Steroid Handbook) was 100mgs per day for a week and 50mgs/day for a week. Don´t laugh& for the late 90´s, when most anabolic steroid users didn´t even know how to use Clomid, it was considered a "state of the art" PCT routine. I suspect that Duchaine originally introduced this compound to the steroid using community.
Clomid, just like nolvadex, is very safe for long term treatment of lowered testosterone levels (2), with some studies showing its safety and efficacy for up to four months. And post-cycle, when steroid users are suffering form lowered testosterone levels, is when clomid is most effective.
I used to run Clomid for about 3 weeks post cycle, at 100-150mgs. Any more than that, and I experience emotional side effects (no, really) due to the excess amount of circulating estrogen I have in my body. All of that extra estrogen tends to make me moody, and it gets hard to squeeze workouts and cardio in-between reruns of "Sex & the City" (ok, I´m exaggerating).
Clomid Side Effects

A problem arose during a very aggressive Clomid PCT routine once. I was taking pretty high doses (150mgs/day) of clomid for an extended time (over a month) and was having vision issues. When I looked into the subject more closely, this was a common occurrence with steroid.com members. Upon further investigation, I found out the optic neuropathy (a fancy way of saying "vision problems") was actually very common with clomid usage (5)(6).Since I already wear contact lenses, I´ve had to remove Clomid from my PCT routine.
Clomid Success

Clomid as of late has fallen out of favor for post-cycle routines, but if you aren´t prone to vision problems or emotional issues, then it is just as good as nolvadex for raising testosterone when appropriate doses are used. I recommend using 150mgs/day for ten days, and decreasing the dose by 50mgs every ten days until you´re finished at day 30. Many of the bodybuilders and athletes I´ve spoken to have used it in a similar fashion and found that it restores their testosterone levels to normal.
How to buy Clomid

This drug is widely available from many research supply companies, generally in liquid form, as well as from most Underground Labs who produce their own version of it in capsules. In either case, you shouldn´t be paying more than $1 per 50-100mgs of it (generally this is 2 caps or 1-2mls of the liquid stuff).
References:
  1. Fertil Steril. 1978 Mar;29(3):320-7.
  2. Int J Impot Res. 2003 Jun;15(3):156-65.
  3. Understanding sex biases in immunity: effects of estrogen on the differentiation and function of antigen-presenting cells. Immunol Res. 2005;31(2):91-106.
  4. The effects of normal aging on the response of the pituitary-gonadal axis to chronic clomiphene administration in men. J Androl 1991 Jul-Aug;12(4):258-63
  5. Optic neuropathy associated with clomiphene citrate therapy. Fertil Steril. 1994 Feb;61(2):390-1
  6. Visual disturbance secondary to clomiphene citrate. Arch Ophthalmol. 1995 Apr;113(4):482-4

Rispondi

Strumenti Discussione Cerca in questa Discussione
Cerca in questa Discussione:

Ricerca Avanzata
Modalità Visualizzazione