FitUncensored Forum

FitUncensored Forum (http://www.fituncensored.com/forums/)
-   Nutrizione (http://www.fituncensored.com/forums/nutrizione/)
-   -   Leangains,parliamone (http://www.fituncensored.com/forums/nutrizione/24410-leangains-parliamone.html)

Street 03-09-2013 09:56 AM

Leangains,parliamone

Ciao ragazzi,

Cosa ne pensate del metodo di digiuno intermittente Lean gains in ottica di recomp e clean bulk? Qualcuno sul forum lo segue? Il tizio che l'ha concepito pare davvero molto preparato e tantissima gente si è trovata molto bene
Io lo sto provando da circa 10gg e per ora mi pare buono nella riduzione dello stress...3 pasti contro 6/7 sembrano una manna dal cielo:D. Inoltre è utilissimo nel ridurre le paranoie del tipo "catabolizzo perchè ho saltato un pasto" o roba simile:rolleyes:
Sulla composizione per ora non mi esprimo ma posso dire che l'energia e la lucidità mentale restano costanti tutta la giornata,semza cali.
Non mi alleno a digiuno

Riporto la guida in inglese presa dal sito leangains.com

Intermittent fasting and Leangains

How does Leangains differentiate itself from some other intermittent fasting based diets? Here's a brief primer.

Fasting and feeding

My general position on the fasted phase is that it should last through the night and during the morning hours. Ideally the fast should then be broken at noon or shortly thereafter if you arise at 6-7 AM like most people. Afternoons and evenings are usually spent in the fed state.

However, the fast could also also be broken later in the day depending on your personal preferences and daily routine. I personally tend to break the fast as late as 4-6 PM since I work well into the night and rise later than most people with normal jobs.

The recommendation for fasting through the earlier part of the day, as opposed to the latter part of the day, is for behavioral and social reasons. Most people simply find it easier to fast after awakening and prefer going to bed satiated. Afternoons and evenings are times to unwind and eat. For adherence reasons during dieting, I've also found that placing the feeding phase later in the day is ideal for most people.

The protocols

I work with four different protocols depending on when my clients train. Depending on setup, one, two, or three meals are eaten in the post-workout period.

Fasted training

Training is initiated on an empty stomach and after ingestion of 10 g BCAA or similar amino acid mixture. This "pre-workout" meal is not counted towards the feeding phase. Technically, training is not completely fasted - that would be detrimental. The pre-workout protein intake, with its stimulatory effect on protein synthesis and metabolism, is a crucial compromise to optimize results. The 8-hour feeding phase starts with the post-workout meal.

Sample setup

11.30-12 AM or 5-15 minutes pre-workout: 10 g BCAA
12-1 PM: Training
1 PM: Post-workout meal (largest meal of the day).
4 PM: Second meal.
9 PM: Last meal before the fast.

Calories and carbs are tapered down throughout the day in the example above.

Early morning fasted training

Here's a sample setup for a client that trains early in the morning and prefers the feeding phase at noon or later. Read this for details regarding this protocol.

6 AM: 5-15 minutes pre-workout: 10 g BCAA.
6-7 AM: Training.
8 AM: 10 g BCAA.
10 AM: 10 g BCAA
12-1 PM: The "real" post-workout meal (largest meal of the day). Start of the 8 hour feeding-window.
8-9 PM: Last meal before the fast.

For the sake of conveniency, I recommend getting BCAA in the form of powder and not tabs. Simply mix 30 g of BCAA powder in a shake and drink one third of it every other hour starting 5-15 minutes pre-workout. Tabs are cheaper, but much more of a hassle (you're going to have to pop a lot of tabs). Check my supplements guide for specific brand recommendations.

One pre-workout meal

This is the most common setup for my younger clients that are still in college or have flexible working hours.

Sample setup

12-1 PM or around lunch/noon: Pre-workout meal. Approximately 20-25% of daily total calorie intake.
3-4 PM: Training should happen a few hours after the pre-workout meal.
4-5 PM: Post-workout meal (largest meal).
8-9 PM: Last meal before the fast.

Two pre-workout meals

This is the usual protocol for people with normal working hours.

Sample setup

12-1 PM or around lunch/noon: Meal one. Approximately 20-25% of daily total calorie intake.
4-5 PM: Pre-workout meal. Roughly equal to the first meal.
8-9 PM: Post-workout meal (largest meal).

Key points

* No calories are to be ingested during the fasted phase, though coffee, calorie free sweeteners, diet soda and sugar free gum are ok (even though they might contain trace amount of calories). A tiny splash of milk in your coffee won’t affect anything either (½-1 teaspoon of milk per cup at the most - use sparingly and sensibly if you drink a lot of coffee). Neither will sugar free gum in moderation (~20 g).

* The fast is the perfect time to be productive and get things done. Don’t sit around, get bored and brood about food.

* Meal frequency during the feeding phase is irrelevant. However, most people, including me, prefer three meals.

* The majority of your daily calorie intake is consumed in the post-workout period. Depending on setup, this means that approximately 95-99% (fasted training), 80% (one pre-workout meal) or 60% (two pre-workout meals) of your daily calorie intake is consumed after training.

* The feeding window should be kept somewhat constant due to the hormonal entrainment of meal patterns. We tend to get hungry when we're used to eating and maintaining a regular pattern makes diet adherence easier. If you're used to breaking the fast at 12-2 PM and ending it at 8-10 PM, then try to maintain that pattern every day.

* On rest days, meal one should ideally be the largest meal, as opposed to training days where the post-workout meal is the largest meal. A good rule of thumb is to make meal one on rest days at least 35-40% of your daily calorie intake. This meal should be very high in protein; some of my clients consume more than 100 g of protein in this meal.

* When working with clients I am always open to compromising on the above rule. If your preference is to eat a larger meal in the evening instead of noon, or whenever you break the fast, it's no great harm. Some people prefer to save the largest meal on rest days for dinner with their family instead of having a large lunch and that's fine by me if it makes them enjoy and adhere to their diet better.

* Macronutrients and calorie intakes are always cycled through the week. The specifics depends on the client's ultimate goal: fat loss, muscle gain or bodyrecomposition. The details will be revealed in the book. Generally speaking, carbs and total calorie intake is highest on training days. On rest days, carbs are lower and fat is higher. Protein is kept high on all days.

* Here are the supplements I recommend everyone to take on a daily basis: a multivitamin, fish oil, vitamin D and extra calcium (unless dairy is consumed on a regular and daily basis).

* For fasted training, BCAA or an essential amino acid mixture is highly recommended. However, if this feels like too much micromanaging or simply questionable from an economic standpoint, you could also make due with some whey protein. The importance of protein intake prior to fasted training is outlined in this and this post.

* People sometimes ask me which protocol is best. I tend to look at things from a behavioral perspective first and foremost, so my reply to that is to choose the protocol best suited to your daily routine and training preferences. When dealing with clients I make the choice for them. If you work a 9-5 job and your only option is to train after work, training fasted is generally a bad idea and I always choose the one or two meals pre-workout protocol.

* Even from a physiological perspective, each protocol has it's own strengths and theoretical benefits. With "physiological perspective" I mean in terms of nutrient partitioning, fat loss and muscle growth. This deserves an article on it's own. I have some interesting and compelling arguments that I think are very unique.

Below I'll list some other resources that I think will give you an idea of what Leangains is all about.

Acid Angel 07-09-2013 04:26 PM

Ho monitorato questa discussione per mera curiosità, notando con un certo interesse che in 5 giorni nessuno ha risposto.

La questione è particolare, in quanto oggi la IF è molto "di moda", per così dire, altrove se ne parla e anche parecchio (forum, gruppi FB, blog ecc.).
La versione più adottata sembra statisticamente essere la LG 16+8, con allenamento a digiuno, intendendo come digiuno uno stato in cui un piccolo pasto non interrompe tale condizione (un frutto con poca frutta secca, un pezzetto di grana, un vasetto di yogurt magro ecc.). Il pre wo di solito è contemplato, anche se piuttosto piccolo, e viene raccomandata l'ingestione di BCAA peri wo.

Il protocollo è estremamente interessante, lo è anche la WD, versione, per così dire, ancora più estrema del digiuno intermittente. L'idea che mi sono fatta è che sia - per chi riesce a seguirlo, non tutti riescono - ottimale per una fase di cut, in cui si "tira la cinghia" durante il giorno, tirando avanti con caffè, piccole manciate di frutta secca e acqua, e poi c'è il pasto soddisfacente che, concentrando praticamente tutte le kcal insieme (anzi diciamo un 80% se consideriamo approssimativamente un 20% nell'immediato post wo), risulta abbondante anche in ipocalorica. Molto furbe (ma chiunque abbia ristretto le kcal per molto tempo sa queste cose) le strategie di assunzione dei cibi all'interno del megapasto, partendo dalle verdure crude, poi cotte, poi le proteine e solo in fondo i carboidrati.

Occorre inoltre avere grande consapevolezza di sé in questo approccio, che avrebbe come scopo quello di liberare il soggetto dal calcolo puntuale di macro e calorie, permettendogli di ascoltare il suo corpo, mangiando "finché non si ha più sete che fame", ma anche questo non è da tutti, per lo meno non da subito.

In normo per una recomp, anche, visti i pareri entusiasti di tutti coloro che seguono l'IF, potrebbe essere da provare.

Sono scettica sulla fase di bulk, perché la concentrazione di quasi tutte le kcal in un unico pasto (magari non iniziando dalle verdure crude per non "rubare" spazio allo stomaco, ma mangiando anche dall'inizio del pasto alimenti caloricamente più densi, dato che molti giovani che si allenano fanno massa con 3000 kcal/die e oltre) potrebbe far risultare difficoltosa l'ingestione di tutte le kcal previste dal proprio TDEE in ipercalorica.
Ecco, io penso che una diluizione dei pasti sia preferibile in bulk, o semmai una via di mezzo a 3 pasti (che probabilmente non è più definibile come LG, non so... o meglio, lo è se si fanno tutti dal pomeriggio in poi). Di certo, ad esempio nella versione 16+8, quando si apre la finestra dopo le 16 ore, si rischia di passare quasi le successive 8 a mangiare nel caso di protocolli alimentari da oltre 3000 kcal/die!
:D

Street 09-09-2013 05:39 PM

Ti ringrazio del tuo punto di vista Angel :)
Personalmente io la LG la imposto così

13:00 --> rompo il digiuno --> pollo+olio+verdura
16:30 --> prewo --> frutta+whey
20:00 --> postwo --> pollo+riso+olio+whey+burro d'arachidi (di solito appena finito il wo riso+pollo+poco olio e dopo 45min mangio il resto)
21:00 --> inizio il digiuno

Il discorso che fai sulle Kcal da bulk è sensato però io non penso avrei problemi...ora mangio nei giorni di wo 2400Kcal ma ad eccezione del post gli altri 2 pasti sono molto piccoli e mi basterebbe mettere 100g di carbo a pranzo per arrivare a 2800Kcal facilmente.Anche le Kcal del prewo nel mio caso sono facilmente aumentabili:D Penso che tra un mesetto o due la proverò in bulk

Per te allenarsi a digiuno potrebbe fare la differenza?
A giudicare dalla lucidità che ho durante il fasting sarei proprio curioso di provare un allenamento a digiuno...

newfit 10-09-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originariamente inviato da Street (Scrivi 424526)
Ti ringrazio del tuo punto di vista Angel :)
Personalmente io la LG la imposto così

13:00 --> rompo il digiuno --> pollo+olio+verdura
16:30 --> prewo --> frutta+whey
20:00 --> postwo --> pollo+riso+olio+whey+burro d'arachidi (di solito appena finito il wo riso+pollo+poco olio e dopo 45min mangio il resto)
21:00 --> inizio il digiuno

Il discorso che fai sulle Kcal da bulk è sensato però io non penso avrei problemi...ora mangio nei giorni di wo 2400Kcal ma ad eccezione del post gli altri 2 pasti sono molto piccoli e mi basterebbe mettere 100g di carbo a pranzo per arrivare a 2800Kcal facilmente.Anche le Kcal del prewo nel mio caso sono facilmente aumentabili:D Penso che tra un mesetto o due la proverò in bulk

Per te allenarsi a digiuno potrebbe fare la differenza?
A giudicare dalla lucidità che ho durante il fasting sarei proprio curioso di provare un allenamento a digiuno...

Sempre fatto allenamenti a digiuno con almeno 3/4 ore dall'ultimo pasto...personalmente l'ho concepita un po diversa e su cio che vedo funziona meglio su me e sulla base degli studi su nutrione umana...semplicemente faccio 4pasti e prework a differenza da te io metto carboidrato amidaceo+grassi,perche intra e post ho deciso da un bel po,malgrado i costi,di alzare il mix aminoacidi...post work prendo dinuovo aminoacidi e un'ora dopo mangio evitando solo i grassi...trovo come tutto sia uno spunto di partenza eccellente;basti ricordare che una metabolica la si imposta come meglio funzioniamo e risulta chiaro che di base siamo tutti diversi

Street 12-09-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originariamente inviato da newfit (Scrivi 424561)
Sempre fatto allenamenti a digiuno con almeno 3/4 ore dall'ultimo pasto...personalmente l'ho concepita un po diversa e su cio che vedo funziona meglio su me e sulla base degli studi su nutrione umana...semplicemente faccio 4pasti e prework a differenza da te io metto carboidrato amidaceo+grassi,perche intra e post ho deciso da un bel po,malgrado i costi,di alzare il mix aminoacidi...post work prendo dinuovo aminoacidi e un'ora dopo mangio evitando solo i grassi...trovo come tutto sia uno spunto di partenza eccellente;basti ricordare che una metabolica la si imposta come meglio funzioniamo e risulta chiaro che di base siamo tutti diversi

Si,ok diciamo che 3-4 ore senza mangiare vuol dire allenarsi a stomaco vuoto,non proprio a digiuno
Io vorrei provare a rompere il digiuno post wo alle 20 e fare 4 ore di feeding,quindi 20+4
Magari ci provo questo inverno che esco di meno la sera,altrimenti la mia vita sociale ne risente troppo :D

Tutti gli Orari sono GMT +2. Attualmente sono le 05:34 PM.